UAMA/IDA Joint Spring Meeting
April 9-12, 2018
Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
ROOM AND RESERVATION DEADLINE MARCH 8, 2018
We are pleased to announce that the 2018 spring meeting being held in conjunction with IDA will be held at The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club, 851 Gulf Shore Blvd. North, Naples, FL 34102, 844-735-2022
MONDAY, APRIL 9 - THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2018
Nestled on 125 tropical acres, The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club is family owned and operated with pride since 1946 and the only resort in Southwest Florida located directly on the pristine beaches of the Gulf of Mexico with golf, tennis, spa and fitness center all on one site. See all hotel amenities, directions and information at www.naplesbeachhotel.com. The UAMA group room rate is $199 plus applicable taxes (with no resort fee and complimentary parking).
Please coordinate guestroom accommodations directly with the resort by calling 800-237-7600 or online at prior to the March 8, 2018 cutoff date. Availability of rooms cannot be guaranteed after that date. A first night room deposit is required. The link will only work for the group block dates. Those wishing to stay pre and post meeting should call the hotel directly for room rate and availability.
The schedule of events is below so you may make your reservations accordingly. In order to obtain the best airfare and to ensure room availability, you are strongly encouraged to make all of your arrangements as soon as possible. Group activities will also be arranged and registration will be sent separately.
Special guest speaker, William Strauss, Senior Economist and Economic Advisor of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago will provide his economic overview and forecast on April 10. Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact the UAMA office.
Very truly yours,
Schedule of Events
Monday, April 9
Tuesday, April 10
Wednesday, April 11
Thursday, April 12
Golf Registration and Rules of Play
The hotel requires a group golf contract, so pre-registration is required and cancellations will be charged inside of 14 days from play. RULES OF PLAY for the tournaments are below. The following (approximate) starting times will be reserved for golf:
“SCRAMBLE” GOLF TOURNAMENT Wednesday, April 11
- This will be a scramble event involving teams being set up of equal number, each having members with equal but various levels of skills, i.e., each team would have a low-handicapper, mid-handicapper, high-handicapper.
- This tournament is open to all golfers, men and women.
- This tournament will be held Wednesday, April 11, and will be made up of teams of four members each. Everybody who plans to play on Wednesday must sign up before hand so that team assignments as equal as possible may be made. The Golf Chairman will make up the teams.
- Play is as follows: Each member of each team hits their own ball off the tee, the team captain selects the best shot, all other members move their balls to that spot and all members hit their own ball from that spot. This process is repeated until the ball goes into the hole, i.e., on the green each team member would have an opportunity to make every putt although, obviously, the hole is over when the first person puts the ball in the hole.
- Gross score for the team is kept and the low score among the teams wins the event. There is no handicap involved or net scores.
- There are two main benefits from such an event. First, everybody is in the game and it’s a real contest because the individual teams are set up as equally skilled as possible and, second, it gives high handicappers the opportunity to hit some shots from a distance on the golf course that they normally would not experience.
- The Golf Chairman has jurisdiction over the tournament and settlement of any disputes. Interpretation of rules shall be his responsibility. In case of ties, unless tying contestants mutually agree to some other method, winners shall be determined by drawing lots.
- Prizes will be awarded Wednesday evening to the winning team.